Findhelp uses a number of different training methods which are designed to maximize participant involvement and learning while accommodating diverse learning styles. All our workshops are designed to be participatory and highly interactive and are a great way to network with other social service providers.
These workshops are designed to be interactive and participatory. Participants learn best when they are engaged and the workshops provide ample opportunity for you to partake in a range of discussions, activities and exercises.
Information, Referral and Communication Skills Workshop | 2-days
- Steps in the Information, Assessment and Referral Process
- Effective Communication and Active Listening Techniques
- Crisis Intervention Strategies
- Tips for Defusing Anger/Hostility
Understanding the Human Services System | 1-day
- 10 things you need to know about how services are delivered
- Financial Assistance & Income Security Programs
- Health and Housing Services
- Employment, Education & Training
- Customer Service and Drivers of Client Satisfaction
- Crisis Intervention Techniques
- Defusing Hostility: Responding Effectively to Difficult or Challenging Clients
- Standards and Principles of Case Management
- The Art of Facilitation
The following agencies and their clients have attended Findhelp workshops:
311 Toronto • Canadian National Institute for the Blind • Catholic Crosscultural Services • Centre for Community Learning and Development • Community Care Access Centres • COSTI Immigrant Services • Homes First Society • Human Rights Legal Support Centre • Jamaican Canadian Association • Labour Community Services • Ministry of the Attorney General – Ontario Victim Services • Ministry of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade. Global Experience Ontario • Ministry of Education – Public Inquiries Unit • Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities – Employment Ontario • Polycultural Immigrant and Community Services • Service Ontario • Skills for Change • Telehealth Ontario • Thorncliffe Neighbourhood Office • Toronto Public Health • Toronto Reference Library • University Settlement • WoodGreen Community Services • YMCA Newcomer Information Centre • YouthLink.